Is not the same as palm sugar
The names are often used interchangeably; palm sugar and coconut sugar. But they are not the same. Palm sugar comes from the palmyra palm or Aren palm tree (Arenga pinnata). Meanwhile, coconut sugar, also known as coco sugar and coconut palm sugar, comes from coconut palm tree (Cocos nucifera), the same tree that produces coconuts; although both are produced in a similar way.
They are made from the sweet sap of the flower buds collected by the farmer each morning and boiled to gain the sweet sugar. The color can be varied. Some may come in creamy beige while some others are dark brown. The texture may also be different, soft or rock hard. It is all depending on how long the cooking process is.
Our Organic granulated coconut sugar Spec :
- Ingredient: Organic Coconut Nectar sap
- Product name: Organic Coconut Sugar
- Botanical name: Cocos Nucifera
- Part used: Liquid sap
- Appearance: Granulated texture
- Odour: Coconut characteristic
- Colour: Dark/Light Brown
- Granulation: Mesh #10 – #20
- Moisture content: < 3%
- Solubility: 98-99% dry
- Shelf life: 2 – 3 Years
- Origin: Indonesia
- Product HS Code: 1702.90.99.00
- Certified Organic by: Control Union
- Certificate Registration No: CU810117
We ready to supply this product to all of you who need, of course with best quality and very competitive price.